Founder and Editor-in-Chief [2012–2016]
Founder and editor-in-chief of in-Training, the online magazine for medical students.
Managed the 40-member editorial board and 300+ writing staff as editor-in-chief. Trained editors and writers in formal journalism practices and writing techniques. Performed niche analysis to identify online needs of the medical student community. Created the editorial workflow, staff structure and social media protocol for the publication. Designed the magazine brand, website and graphics, implemented on the WordPress platform. Analyzed traffic statistics and social media engagement to maximize readership. Oversaw the editorial process and approve all articles for final publication.
Presented the publication as a case study at the following conferences:
- AAMC Northeast Organization of Student Representatives Spring Meeting – 04/13/2013 (oral presentation)
- Albany Medical College Medical Student Investigation Day – 09/24/2013 (poster)
- Union College Annual Leadership in Medicine Dinner – 10/07/2013 (poster)
- AAMC Annual Meeting – 11/01/2013 (poster)
- AMSA National Meeting – 3/8/2014 (poster)
- AMWA National Meeting – 3/15/2014 (poster)
- SNMA National Meeting – 4/18/2014 (poster)
- Canadian Conference on Medical Education – 4/26/2014 (poster)
- AMEE, Milan, Italy – 9/1/2014 (poster)
- “Creating Spaces for Human Voices” at the Gold Humanism Biennial Conference – 10/9/2014 (oral presentation and workshop)
Conceptualized the in-Training Writers-in-Training Program, providing peer mentorship to editors and first-year medical student writers.
Organized Medical Student Mental Health Week in June 2015, highlighting articles that promote medical student mental health.
Won the Summer/Fall 2014 and Fall 2015 Digital Health Awards, a competition that recognizes high-quality digital health resources for consumers and health professionals.
Published a print compendium of articles with student-generated discussion questions entitled in-Training: Stories from Tomorrow’s Physicians in April 2016.